Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Summer lovin and back to school!!... oh wait, thats right, I graduated and I'm unemployed.

Its been over three months since my last post... epic #fail on my part.

All the better for you!! I can recap summer and life since my nose job at the end of June.


This is me after my nose surgery. I made my mom drive the Jag and put me in the backseat so it looked like I had a driver. I was on so many pain killers, the first two days post-op are kind of fuzzy... I must say- looking fabulous for just waking up after a two hour surgery. Love it.
I'll spare you the bloody details. But can we talk about my chins?... lets not.

A week after surgery, I drove back to Ithaca to be begin performing at The Hangar Regional Theatre for the rest of the summer. For the next two months I literally had no free time... I slept, woke up, drank coffee, rehearsed for 10 to 12 hours, maybe ate something, and then went back to sleep and did it all over again for two months. It was absolutely amazing and I had the time of my life. I met friends I will have forever and I got to perform all summer. One of the shows being the Rocky Horror Show- cross that one off the musical bucket list. We rehearsed Rocky for two weeks, and the show ran for a little over three weeks. Every night after the show we had a dance party on stage for 30 minutes with the audience... nothing like dancing for another half an hour after you just danced a two hour show.

Here's a little pic of "the floor show" at the end: Fab.


In addition to preforming in Rocky Horror we performed in a musical based off of the best-selling children's book: Goodnight Moon. For those who know this story, I played the red balloon and the Moon. There is one documented picture of this production and it will stay this way... I was literally a red balloon. Here is a pic of bunny, mouse, and balloon gazing at the moon (I was only the moon in the last scene... there is no picture evidence of the moon, thank god, but I was covered in glitter and wearing silver shiny genie pants):


Enough with the pictures.
So let me re-cap some of the things that happened this summer.

#1 I went to Busch Gardens in Virginia to see my friend Megan perform in Germany. We literally started drinking at noon and went until midnight.

#2 On the fourth of July I watched Game of Thrones for eight episodes straight with only two bathroom breaks and a booze refill.

#3 Had no social life for two entire months whilst at the theatre.

#4 I did not get to enjoy any of the July or August summer sun- I was in a theatre all day. I don't think I have ever been as pale as I was come Labor Day... I'm usually black... so disappointed in myself. #FAIL.

#5 Had a summer romance- the definition of Summer Lovin' from Grease.

#6 I started the INSANITY workout- and it is literally the best thing ever. You don't have to drag your ass to the gym (especially when you are exhausted after working all day). You put the dvd in, do an amazing 40 minute workout 6 days a week for 60 days, you actually see results, and it is so great for your body. Enough marketing.

#7 I got signed with a modeling agency... I literally was shocked when I got the phone call. seriously?

#8 The day of the earthquake- had an anxiety attack during a rehearsal in the theatre;  I look up to see all the lights swinging above me. I screamed and ran out leaving everyone behind me.

#9 I was called back for another season of the Real World (3rd time).

#10 still have NOT contacted the asshole whose number I deleted (reference to the blog before this one).  10 points for Gryffindor. What an ASS.

#11 Sheldon says hello to everyone... If you haven't met him yet, hopefully you will soon.

#12 I created an okcupid profile- listen, judge all you want. I do not have time to sit around bars in Maryland hoping to meet meet a great guy thats going to sweep me off my feet. Firstly, northern Maryland is conservative, so all the men that are gay are nasty or actually married men with children; it is so true- a friend's father left after over 20 years of marriage and ten children. Secondly, the bars are trashy. Thirdly, a quote from Sex and the City best expresses my feelings:

"I've been dating since I was fifteen. I'm exhausted! WHERE THE HELL IS HE?"
-Charlotte York


As much as I loved working in the city that I went to college in for four years, and seeing some of my friends and the underclassmen all summer... I absolutely hated being in Ithaca when school started, and hated being there during main-stage audition week for the theatre department.
I was not in denial about graduating by any means. Yet, it was not until one night after a Rocky show, when Celeste and Gracie (current Ithaca College Theatre majors- love and miss you both yah FOPs) were running back to the dressing rooms to change and drive up to school for auditions that is hit me...

I'm not going back to school on Wednesday.

I'm a college graduate.

I'm unemployed when this show closes in one week.

... It fucking sucks. I hate the real world... and I hate the show too, they obviously have not cast me yet, and it has truly gone downhill over "the last five years" as a result (I had to, I couldn't resist myself).
Anyway, I no longer have dental insurance... car insurance is due in December. SCREW IT ALL. Prostitution is legal right?... no, it's totally illegal. What about becoming an escort?! Thats the classy prostitute, and sometimes you don't even have to sleep with them. Done and done.




More life updates to come.

Strugglin but still here, queer, laughing and fabulous.

And as I promised- A closing thought/ quote from "The Bible:"


"You deserve to be with someone who is nice to you all. the. time.
Life is hard enough as it is without choosing someone difficult to share it with.


Being lonely ... being alone ... for many people ... sucks.  I get it, I get it, I get it.  But still I have to say that yes, my belief is that being with somebody who makes you feel crappy or doesn't honor the person you are is worse.


There's a guy out there who's going to be really happy that  you didn't get back together with your crappy ex-boyfriend."


Amen to that.


Live. Laugh. YOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment